Thursday, August 2, 2012

Rainy Morning.

This morning I woke up to the best sound in the world: rain. I smiled and knew it was God's way of waking me up gently this morning. I got dressed for work, got a cup of coffee and sat down to spend some time with my Jesus in His Word. Today, I finished the Bible study in the book of James that I've been doing for seven weeks and I was sad to see it end. I learned and grew so much during these past weeks!
I then left for work, and boy, was it a hard day. I definitely needed that gentle waking or else it could've been a lot worse than it was! I worked at my second job, cleaning after a construction job at a school in the middle of Kansas City. I'm the only white girl with several Mexicans, but thankfully Spanish is my second language so it's not hard to get along with them.
Today, while cleaning, I had the song Lord, Send Me Anywhere on my mind. The line that says Lord, send me anywhere, only go with me. Sever any tie which binds me, save the tie which binds me to thy heart. Wow. 'Can I honestly say that is my prayer?' was the first thought that went through my mind when I began to think about those words and then I remembered what I wrote about in my last post: Jesus is better. He is better than anything which binds my heart to this earth and it is my prayer that God would sever those ties that I have to this earth. I want to be free to do His will, without any worldly desires tying me down.
I want the desires of my heart to be His desires, never mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment